Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken ChiliRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Warm up and stay on plan with our Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili recipe. In a few steps, you’ll have a hearty meal perfect for the fall weather.
Pumpkin adds a unique autumn twist to a delicious chili. Filled with fire roasted green chilis and jalapenos, this recipe packs some serious heat. However, feel free to cool it down with low fat cream cheese as a creamy option. Best of all, you can forget your pots and pans and throw all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Slow cookers are one of our favorite appliances here at Nutrisystem. Click here to find out why you need one! >
To make your chili, grab your slow cooker and combine raw chicken breast, white beans, pumpkin puree, canned diced tomatoes and green chilis, chopped onions and jalapenos, chicken broth and spices. Put on the lid and cook on high for about four hours, then shred the chicken. If you want to make your chili creamy, add in some low fat cream cheese, cover and cook for another 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
One serving of this Pumpkin Chicken Chili contains 241 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. If you are adding cream cheese to your recipe, one serving will contain 283 calories and count as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra. Whether you enjoy your chili creamy or not, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! NuMi will help you keep track of your meals and snacks throughout your journey. Get started with your FREE NuMi journal here >
Looking for more chili recipes? Check out these other tasty ideas:
- Chicken Chili and Cornbread Casserole >
- Savory Turkey Chili >
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili >
- Chunky Veggie Chili >
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili >
Nutrisystem helps make losing weight easy with healthy meals and snacks. Learn more about our programs here >
Calories per Serving: 241 (283 if using cream cheese)
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable (add 1 Extra if using cream cheese)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, raw
- 1-15.5 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomato, no salt added
- 2-4 oz. cans fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro chopped, for garnish
- ½ cup cream cheese, low fat
- Add all ingredients except for cilantro and cream cheese into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and mix.
- If you'd like to make your chili creamy, add cream cheese to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve.