Herb Crusted Pork Chops with Potatoes and Brussels SproutsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
Our Herb Crusted Pork Chops are the perfect hearty dinner for those cold winter nights. We’re serving them up with roasted baby potatoes and shaved Brussels sprouts for a flavor-packed, high fiber dish.
The delicious aroma of fresh herbs that will fill your home is an added bonus to cooking this diet-friendly meal. We covered lean pork chops with fresh rosemary, thyme, sage and garlic to add big flavor with very little calories. It’s a simple yet flavorful dish that would make the perfect holiday dinner to serve to your family and friends.
The sides on this dish might just outshine the main course. Baby potatoes are roasted in the oven with fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil. Freshly shaved Brussels sprouts are sautéed in a cast-iron skillet (the same one used to cook the pork chops) with coconut oil, creating an impressive non-starchy veggie that’s packed with nutrition.
One serving of these Herb Crusted Pork Chops with roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts contains 265 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. Easily keep track of this meal with help from our online tracking app, NuMi! It’s the perfect place to log your food, water and measurements throughout your Nutrisystem journey. Click here to quickly log this recipe in NuMi >
Need more hearty recipes for your weight loss menu? Check out these other ideas:
- Honey Roasted Duck >
- Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast >
- Roasted Chicken with Rainbow Carrots and Potatoes >
- Instant Pot Smoked Brisket >
- Miso Salmon with Kale and Beets >
- Shrimp Pasta With Garlic Asparagus >
- Spicy Teriyaki Tuna Steak >
Lose weight and get healthy this season with delicious meals from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our programs >
Calories per Serving: 265
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 12 oz. lean boneless pork chop
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ½ cups (10 oz.) shaved Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups baby potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop sage, rosemary and thyme. Set aside.
- Thinly slice garlic. Set aside.
- Baby Potatoes
- Add potatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon sage, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon thyme and olive oil to an oven-safe baking dish. Toss to coat. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Pork Chops
- In the meantime, preheat cast-iron skillet with coconut oil on medium heat.
- Rinse the pork chops and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper, ½ tablespoon sage, ½ tablespoon rosemary and ½ tablespoon thyme on each side. Use fingers to rub in the seasonings so they stick to the meat.
- Carefully place the pork chops into the cast-iron skillet. Sear for 5 minutes on each side. Use tongs to hold the pork chops on its perimeter for 1 additional minute per side. Remove pork chops and set aside to rest.
- Brussels Sprouts
- In the same cast-iron skillet used for the pork, there should be some oil and rendered fat remaining. Add in the shaved Brussel sprouts and stir to coat in the remaining oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/8 cup water and cover for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir Brussels sprouts and remove from heat.
- Serve with the pork chops and baby potatoes.