Mini Apple Pie Cups RecipeRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Breakfasts, Snacks & Desserts, Snacks, Desserts
A Nutrisystem breakfast turned into an apple pie? We must be dreaming! Nutrisystem recipe developers are at it again, satisfying your sweet tooth with diet-friendly versions of your favorite desserts. This Mini Apple Pie Cups recipe is proof that you don’t have to give up delicious treats to lose weight and get healthy. Featuring one of our newest breakfasts, the Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Square, you can enjoy the sweet taste of apple pie while you make your way to your weight loss goals.
Our Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Square is turned into the crust of mini apple pie cups that taste as good as they are adorable. The rolled oats, raisins and sweet cinnamon in these squares provide the perfect flavor and texture for pie crust. Combined with water, a little whey protein powder and some time in the food processor, you can create perfectly portable pies in a snap without having to knead any dough.
Spray a mini cupcake tin with nonstick cooking spray and press the crust into the tin, molding it to the bottoms and sides to create eight cups. Bake them in a 350 degree oven for about six minutes to crisp up.
Fill up your mini oat cups with a sweet yet simple apple filling: Simply combine diced apples, cinnamon, lemon juice and water in a pot over medium heat. Cook covered for about six minutes or until the apples are soft. Spoon the apple pie filling into the cooled mini cups and enjoy!
This recipe makes eight Mini Apple Pie Cups, with two cups counting as one serving. Each serving contains just 115 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, log this recipe as one SmartCarb in the NuMi app. Pump up the protein with a PowerFuel, such as low-fat yogurt or a glass of skim milk, both of which pair perfectly with these mini apple pies.
Running low on the Nutrisystem Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Square? Click here to stock up your pantry with this tasty treat! >
Looking for more easy snack ideas? Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned versions of your favorite treats right to your door! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (recipe makes 8 cups, 1 serving = 2 cups)
Calories per Serving: 115
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 2 packages Nutrisystem Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Square
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced finely
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. whey protein powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. water, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini cupcake pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook apples, cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water in a small pot over medium for about 6 minutes, or until soft. Place a lid on pot while cooking.
- In a food processor, add Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Squares, 2 tablespoons of water and whey protein powder. Process until crumbly.
- Press oat square mixture into the cupcake tins, molding them to the bottoms and sides. This should make 8 cups.
- Place cups in the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- Let the cups cool for 6 minutes before filling with the cinnamon apple mixture.