Leading a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring! When your sweet tooth calls, whip up a batch of these delicious Maple Walnut Cookies to satisfy your cravings the healthy way. The rich flavor of maple combined with protein-packed walnuts makes this recipe the ultimate dessert that won’t wreck your weight loss goals.
To make these delicious Maple Walnut Cookies, mix rolled oats, wheat pastry flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk apple sauce, maple syrup, egg and maple extract. Combine wet and dry ingredients thoroughly to create a cookie batter. Spoon batter into 12 cookies on a lined baking sheet and flatten slightly. Pop the cookies in the oven for just 10 minutes. While cookies are baking, prepare your maple glaze with confectioners sugar, maple syrup and water. Once the cookies are removed and cooled, drizzle the sweet maple glaze on top. Pro tip: You may want to double the batch. Chances are, your family will be stealing these from you!
Each cookie counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. NuMi is our easy-to-use food tracker app that makes losing weight easy by doing the work for you! Learn all about the many benefits of using the NuMi app by checking out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
You don’t have to avoid your cookie cravings while on the Nutrisystem weight loss program! Check out a few more of our favorite Flex snack cookie recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cookies, pasta, pizza and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 12 (1 cookie)
Calories per Serving: 122
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together rolled oats, wheat pastry flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together apple sauce, maple syrup, egg and maple extract. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet forming 12 cookies (~2 tablespoons of batter per cookie). Press lightly with a spatula or bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
- While cookies are cooling, coming ingredients for maple glaze. When cookies are completely cooled, use spoon to drizzle with glaze.