Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup BakeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
There is no other food pair quite like Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. And with this diet-friendly recipe, you’ll use the delicious duo to make a hearty baked casserole.
Comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy. If you’re looking to liven up your weekly Flex menu (and you’re a sucker for a classic grilled cheese), this simple recipe is for you!
To make this Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Bake, simply grease a large baking dish with nonstick spray and line the baking dish with multigrain sourdough bread. Top each slice with cheddar cheese and a second layer of bread (be sure to spread butter on top of each slice!). In a small saucepan, mix tomato paste, garlic, black pepper and basil. Slowly whisk in milk until mixture begins to boil. Let the tomato soup simmer for three to four minutes. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and combine with tomato soup. Pour the mixture over the cheese sandwiches, sprinkle with shredded cheddar, pop in the oven, and bake for about a half an hour (or until golden brown!).
This casserole makes six servings. Each serving clocks in at 244 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan.
To make your diet plan and weight loss journey easier, we’ve created an easy-to-use food tracker app, NuMi, that does all the hard work for you! Consistently log each meal occasion in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals and to get daily tips and tricks for healthy living. Easily log each serving of this Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bake right here in NuMi! >
Looking to add a few more baked casseroles to your comfort food menu? Check out these delicious recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 244
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 6 slices multigrain sourdough bread, cut in half
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1 Tbsp. light margarine
- 1- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- Black pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease large baking dish with nonstick spray. Assemble one layer of bread in dish. Top with one slice of cheese and second layer of bread. Spread butter on tops of bread.
- In a small saucepan, heat tomato paste, garlic, black pepper and basil. Whisk in milk. Heat to a boil and then let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Pour in tomato soup and mix well.
- Pour tomato soup mixture over cheese sandwiches. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.