Cinnamon Apple ParfaitRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
‘Tis the season for apple picking and pumpkin patches. Enjoy this Cinnamon Apple Parfait featuring autumn harvests abundance.
Stay healthy this fall with a diet-friendly recipe. Warm and spicy cinnamon brings out the sweetness in fresh apples. Greek yogurt adds tartness and creaminess to this delicious dessert. Not only is this parfait delicious, it can help you reach your health goals. A study published in Lipids in Health and Disease showed that participants who took a cinnamon supplement for 16 weeks experienced a significant decrease in fasting blood glucose, waist circumference, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure and cholesterol. Healthline says that apples also provide a wealth of benefits, including high amounts of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, while Greek yogurt is packed with protein and probiotics.
To create this nutritious parfait, grab a microwave safe bowl and mix together cornstarch and water. Add in some chopped apples, cinnamon and vanilla extract, then mix and microwave for about two minutes. In a separate bowl, combine nonfat plain Greek yogurt with cinnamon. Crush graham crackers into a course crumb separately into another bowl. Get two cups and assemble your parfait. Equally distribute the yogurt, then the graham cracker crumbs and finally the apple mixture into each cup. Top your creations with some light cool whip and serve with a spoon.
One serving of this Cinnamon Apple Parfait contains 264 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add another PowerFuel into the mix, feel free to sprinkle some chopped walnuts or pecans on top! Make sure to keep track of all of your PowerFuels and SmartCarbs throughout your weight loss journey. Our NuMi app makes it easy and fits perfectly into your Nutrisystem plan. Get started with NuMi today! >
Stocked up on apples? Check out these other healthy ideas:
- Air Fryer Baked Apple >
- Creamy Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Bowls >
- Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce (No Sugar Added!) >
- Easy Apple Crisp >
- Savory Brussels Sprouts with Apple >
- Cran Apple Chia Jam Recipe >
Nutrisystem makes healthy meals and snacks to help you reach your weight loss goals. Check out our programs here >
Calories per Serving: 264
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 graham cracker sheets
- 4 Tbsp. light cool whip
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until dissolved.
- Add in apple, vanilla extract and half of the cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the cinnamon with Greek yogurt.
- Crush the graham crackers into a coarse crumb.
- To assemble the parfaits, spoon in ½ cup yogurt, ¼ of the graham cracker crumbs and ¼ of the apple mixture into a cup. Repeat one more time and top with 2 tablespoons of cool whip.