Enjoy the flavors of Cajun cuisine with our Blackened Fish Sandwich. This high protein lunch is filled with fresh veggies, cod and a spicy yogurt-based sauce.
This healthy sandwich is a diet-friendly meal that is high in protein and fiber. Purple cabbage and mixed greens provide a serving of vegetables and add fresh flavor and color. Mild and flaky cod fillets are the lean protein that brings it all together. Cod is on our list as one of the seven healthiest fish to eat for weight loss (check out the rest of the list here >)!
To get started, mix together onion powder, Cajun seasoning and black pepper to create your seasoning mixture. Season both sides of two cod fillets liberally with the seasoning. Drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil into a skillet and set to medium-high heat. Place both seasoned cod fillets into the skillet and cook four minutes per side. Remove the cod from the skillet, then add shredded purple cabbage in its place. Cook the cabbage until it is soft. In a separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and sriracha for a spicy sauce. Assemble your sandwiches on a whole wheat hamburger bun. Place some cooked cabbage on the bottom bun and top with sriracha yogurt, cooked seasoned cod, mixed greens and finally the top bun. Enjoy your colorful Cajun creation!
One Blackened Fish Sandwich is 302 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to add on other non-starchy veggies, such as bell peppers, onions or tomatoes. While you’re chowing down, log your sandwich in the NuMi app! NuMi is our online tracking tool designed for your Nutrisystem program. Get started with your NuMi Journal >
Fish is a perfect protein for your weight loss menu. Check out these other fish recipes below:
- Spicy Teriyaki Tuna Steak >
- Cajun Zesty Fish Tacos >
- Avocado Tuna Melt Panini >
- Salmon Sushi Bowl >
- Mahi Mahi With Pineapple Mango Salsa >
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips >
Want more high protein lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Sign up for your program today >
Calories per Serving: 302
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 2-4 oz. pieces of cod
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. sriracha
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Mix together onion powder, Cajun seasoning and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Season both sides of the cod with spice mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium-high. Place seasoned cod on skillet and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Remove cod from the heat and add cabbage to the skillet. Cook until cabbage is soft.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and sriracha.
- Assemble sandwich. Place cabbage on bottom bun and top with sriracha yogurt, cooked seasoned cod, mixed greens and finally the top bun.