Baked Butternut SquashRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Customer Submitted, Sides
Butternut squash is the sweet starchy veggie of the season! Check out this simple and easy side dish recipe that features this fall produce pick. Whether you’re looking for a tasty way to get in some extra fiber or are craving something a little sweet and savory, this Baked Butternut Squash recipe is a must-try!
This Baked Butternut Squash recipe was submitted through our Recipe Submission page by Nutrisystem member, Angie. We love that the steps are super simple and the ingredients are kept to a minimum. It really allows the butternut squash shine!
To make take this healthy fall side dish, grab a large bowl and combine cubed butternut squash with garlic, avocado oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Toss the ingredients together and spread it out into a single layer on a greased cookie sheet. Pop it in a 400 degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. Don’t forget to flip the squash halfway through the cooking time!
If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log this Baked Butternut Squash side dish as one SmartCarb in your NuMi app journal. Pair it with a PowerFuel to make a complete Flex meal. It would be delicious with baked chicken, roasted turkey or grilled steak. And don’t forget a side salad filled with non-starchy veggies!
Have you come up with your own healthy side dish that you want to share? You can submit your recipes on our Recipe Submission page! Your recipe could be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog for other Nutrisystem members to try and enjoy. Click here to share your recipe! >
Hungry for more healthy fall-inspired side dishes? Check out these other Nutrisystem-approved recipes:
- Baked Spicy Acorn Squash >
- Easy Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower >
- Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash >
- Orange Ginger Roasted Carrots >
- Fall Pasta Salad >
- 2-Step Herb Mashed Potatoes >
- Sheet Pan Potatoes and Pears >
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Salad >
- Roasted Spiralized Carrots >
- Curry Roasted Vegetables >
Nutrisystem makes losing weight simple with healthy meals and snacks delivered right to your door. Sign up for a program today! >
Calories per Serving: 72
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Black pepper and salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a cookie sheet or baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss butternut squash in large bowl with all other ingredients.
- Spread butternut squash onto the baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.