Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin SeedsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks
So, you carved a pumpkin. Now you have a cute little Halloween decoration for your front porch. But even better, you likely you have a ton of leftover pumpkin seeds. While you may be tempted to throw them away, these little seeds are a gold mine of nutritious and delicious flavor. With a little rinsing, a sprinkle of spices and some time in the air fryer, you can create a smart, satisfying and crunchy snack. We’re teaching you how to do it all in this Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe.
A Crunchy Garnish for Smoothie Bowls, Oatmeal, Salads and More
These crunchy, cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds are perfect for sprinkling on top of a smoothie bowl, oatmeal or even a sweet and savory salad. You can also toss them into a homemade granola or use them as a garnish on other fall-inspired desserts.
We think they would be super tasty atop any pumpkin baked good! Try them with our recipes for Pumpkin Banana Bread, 100-Calorie Pumpkin Muffins or Pumpkin Spice Cookies. They would even be great on top of Skinny Pumpkin Ice Cream or Powerhouse Pumpkin Hummus!
This recipe makes eight two-Tablespoon servings. We recommend portioning the recipe out into individual bags or containers so that you can easily grab-and-go. They are a great crunchy addition to any breakfast or lunch you’re craving! If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log each serving into your NuMi app journal as one PowerFuel and one Extra.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds in the Air Fryer
To make these air fryer roasted pumpkin seeds, combine one teaspoon of cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice) with one Tablespoon of white sugar and two Tablespoons of melted light butter. Add one cup of shelled pumpkin seeds to the cinnamon-sugar mixture and toss to coat.
Spread the pumpkin seeds out on a parchment-lined air fryer basket. Air fry the seeds at 325 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure to sir them occasionally. They will be finished when they are lightly browned. Let them cool completely before serving.
Don’t have an air fryer? Don’t worry! We provided directions for how to roast pumpkin seeds in the oven below for your convenience. Both versions come out crunchy and delicious!
Looking for more healthy and easy snack ideas? Nutrisystem delivers your favorite treats right to your door! They’re perfectly portioned for weight loss and are great for grabbing and going. Learn more about our meals plans! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer. Make sure that the parchment paper does not touch or get close to the heating element.
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 2 Tbsp.)
Calories per Serving: 102
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, shelled
- Mix pumpkin pie spice and sugar together.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in melted butter, then toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Air Fryer
- Spread out pumpkin seeds in a parchment-lined air fryer basket. Air fry at 325°F for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer. Make sure that the parchment paper does not touch or get close to the heating element.
- Spread seeds in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Bake at 300°F for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before serving.